Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome to my journeys!

The big oh-eight has been my year of adventure. It's been too long, I thought. I gotta get out of here... Although I travel to a new destination every year, the last time I'd lived someplace exotic was when I was an exchange student in Germany. The Wanderlust bug was biting again.

Since I'd been studying Spanish on my own for a year, I decided to find a full-immersion language program somewhere in Latin America. My hunt eventually led me to Costa Rica. Perfect! I thought when I chanced upon a fully-accredited language school on the beach. School and vacation all in one. Que suerte... I signed up.

Of course, this meant that I had to leave my semi-secure job at a German corporation. Crazy? Perhaps. But it's been well worth it--not only am I now trilingual, my world view has been vastly expanded. And now I can finally go to Spain! (I use my wish list of destinations as the proverbial carrot on a stick to learn languages. Next up is French for that far-flung dream of Tahiti.)

What follows are the mini-travelogues I wrote to my friends back home. Please come join me on my travels! Posts are labeled by language.

May you have wonderful friendships, exciting adventures, and smooth trails!

Ich wünsche Euch alle großartige Freundschaften, aufregende Abenteuer, und glatte Pfade!

!Ojalá tengáis amistades muy buenas, aventuras emocionantes, y caminos fluidos!

1 comment:

emlg said...

lisa i love reading your blogs/posts
From your posts it looks like you had an exciting year in Costa Rica!
Where are you now? I miss the good old days :)